Our advisory services reveal the hidden economic and social costs of environmental management and business strategy in an organisation’s data and stakeholder views. Bringing hidden costs and views to light enables leaders and managers to make change through data-driven strategies. This work can improve business knowledge of sustainability by providing a business with a better understanding of its own data and stakeholder values.
SCHEDULE OF GRI CERTIFIED TRAINING PROGRAM COURSES
What we do
GeoTrends Sustainability is a GRI Certified Training Partner providing training on the GRI Standards through its GRI Certified Training Program.
GRI CERTIFIED TRAINING COURSE
UNDERSTAND HOW TO USE GRI STANDARDS FOR A SUSTAINABILITY REPORTING PROCESS
GeoTrends Sustainability Consulting Pty Ltd
ACTION AND CHANGE: THERE IS NO PLANET B
In our 2-day (GRI) Certified Training Course on Sustainability Reporting you will learn how to conduct clear and focused attention to materiality and stakeholder engagement to minimise your organisation’s environmental, economic and social impacts. By applying the most adopted approach to sustainability reporting (SR), corporate social responsibility (CSR) and Environment, Social and Governance (ESG) analysis, you will develop competencies, skills and knowledge on how companies and other organisations can take actions and make change.
There is no Planet B. This course is for you if are developing sustainability practices, protecting the environment, addressing climate change, or tackling social issues at your business or organisation or want to know how this can be done systematically.
GRI CERTIFIED TRAINING ON SUSTAINABILITY REPORTING
This course is provided by GeoTrends Sustainability, a GRI Certified Training Partner with training materials certified by GRI under the GRI Certified Training Program.
The course explains how companies/organisations obtain value through GRI Standards based Sustainability Reporting because it is a proactive, structured, and methodical approach to disclosures about organisational performance, particularly non-financial disclosures. Companies which cannot identify material issues, choose to ignore them, or fail to disclose them, may damage their reputation and brand loyalty and increase the risk of further regulation.
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
In this course, you will learn:
- that the GRI Standards provide detailed requirements and guidance to identify priorities and disclosures, and to take actions and minimise impacts
- that the GRI Standards provides a framework which guides you every step of the way to identify and implement decisions that matter
- that the GRI Standards can be used to implement a sustainability performance plan, do comparative analysis, improve corporate accountability and responsibility, and address the UN Sustainable Development Goals now adopted by many companies worldwide.
IMPORTANTLY, YOU WILL ALSO LEARN HOW…
- to proceed with stakeholder engagement
- to identify the most important impacts which you should be dealing with (materiality)
- to prepare a report in accordance with the GRI Standards
- to prepare an informative yet lean report (but not box ticking)
- to communicate your report to your stakeholders
- to use SMART targets to take meaningful action
- to develop focused and high-quality report content
- to confidently navigate the GRI Standards to find information and take actions
- to benchmark performance against companies in your sector
- why a sustainability report is a strategic issue for your organisation
- to develop a clear plan of action and proceed ASAP with your report
- to work with the supply chain to minimise their impacts
HOW YOUR COMPANY/ORGANISATION BENEFITS…
The GRI Standards can be used by any company or organisation, regardless of size, sector or location, not only to get a clearer picture of future risks and challenges but also to identify and act on opportunities to achieve better internal management of risks, a competitive advantage in supply chains, and to improve trust in management and enhance overall reputation.
GRI is focused on taking actions on what matters where it matters: companies identify their impacts on the environment and the organisation’s stakeholders, measure, set targets, take actions to minimize their negative impacts and increase their positive impacts, report the outcomes in their social responsibility or sustainability report.
The organisation’s stakeholders are the entities or people affected by your operations and who may, in turn, hold you back or stop you from reaching your objectives. A GRI Standards based Sustainability Report allows your organisation to:
- create more trust with stakeholders through engagement activities
- identify, measure, report and manage change for better outcomes
- demonstrate to a range of stakeholders focused action on material topics
- improve reputation and brand loyalty
ASSURANCE OF QUALIFIED TRAINER AND QUALITY COURSE
GRI has two requirements for offering this course. One requirement is for a nominated trainer, a person who has demonstrated knowledge of how to use the GRI Sustainability Reporting Standards. This is achieved by taking the GRI Standards Exam. The second requirement is that the nominated trainer is working in a GRI Certified Training Program.
Robert Gale, Director of GeoTrends Sustainability, is the nominated trainer. Robert has followed GRI work for 20 years, and has used company GRI reports to teaching MBA university students how to integrate sustainability considerations into corporate strategy since 2000.
GeoTrends Sustainability Consulting Pty Ltd is the Certified Training Partner, having worked with GRI to develop certified training materials including slides and course notes.
The successful completion of the course leads to a certificate directly from the Global Reporting Initiative (GRI) as well as a certificate to show that you have completed a GeoTrends Sustainability Approved Course.
Fees for the 2-Day GRI Certified Standards Training Course (Incl. GST)
Understand how to use the GRI Standards for a sustainability reporting process
Fees and Early Bird discounts
Large Corporations & the Public Sector $1,760 or $1,595 Early Booking
SMEs & Local Government Councils $1,540 or $1,375 Early Booking
Not-for-Profits/ Social Enterprises $1,320 or $1,265 Early Booking
Click here to make to register and make your booking.
For additional information contact Robert Gale, Director, GeoTrends Sustainability
GRI GOLD COMMUNITY MEMBER
GeoTrends Sustainability Consulting Pty Ltd is a Certified Training Partner of The Global Reporting Initiative (GRI) and a member of the GRI GOLD Community. We support the mission of GRI to empower decision makers everywhere, through the GRI sustainability standards and multi-stakeholder network, to take actions towards a more sustainable economy and world.
ADVICE/ COUNCIL TO BOARDS/MANAGEMENT ON GRI STANDARDS & IMPLEMENTATION
What we do
Our work brings organisations up-to-date with information, trends and tools on business and public policy strategies for sustainability, including:
- Corporate Sustainability Reporting: Global Reporting Initiative’s (GRI) Sustainability Reporting Guidelines
- Corporate Social Responsibility Reporting: ISO’s 26000 CSR Guideline
- Environment, Social & Governance (ESG) Risk Assessment
- Triple Bottom Line Accounting & Environmental / Sustainability Management Accounting
- The Natural Capital Protocol
- The capital framework in Integrated Reporting
- The United Nations Sustainable Development Goals (SDG)